10 Ways to Know It's Time to Say "I Quit"9/25/2014
The video of a news anchor in Anchorage, Alaska, saying, "F*** it, I quit!" live on air ...
The video of a news anchor in Anchorage, Alaska, saying, "F*** it, I quit!" live on air went viral over the weekend. Charlo Greene walked away from her job as a KTVA news reporter, in favor of dedicating herself fully to being the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club and advocating for the legalization of marijuana use in the state.
1. The money is funny.
2. You are not respected or appreciated.
3. Your skills and talents are not being used.
4. Your boss is insufferable.
5. You are not happy and/or doing what you love.
6. There are no opportunities for advancement with your current employer.
7. You are not able to maintain a work/life balance.
8. You have extenuating circumstances that are making it difficult to stay.
9. You work in a hostile or uncomfortable environment.
10. You want to change careers, go back to school, move to Europe, etc.
Michelle Denise Jackson is a writer, performer, storyteller, and teaching artist from Southern California. She is a graduate of NYU's Gallatin School of Individualized Study. She is currently co-producing an original web series, “GIRL, GET YO' LIFE!” to be released in early 2015. You may find her on Twitter, Facebook, and her website.